Views
Helpful
Replies

aoim peers

josephschung
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

We are migrating network and deploying new WAAS with wccp. Though we deployed new WAAS in two sites and expecting them to peer together to each other only, we see from the show statistic aoim that there are a lot of peers(more than 10) actually. I think those peering are from existing old WAAS.

- Will additional peers has impact to the designed working peer?

- How can I filter the peering of WAAS so that only designed peering will be formed?

Thanks

Joe

3 Replies 3

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Joe,

WAAS is design to perform Auto-discovery of peer devices (through adding options to the TCP/SYN handshake packets), no matter whether they are controlled by the same CM or not.

So you will just benefit for the optimization between "new" and "old" WAAS sites ... "for free" ;-)

Additional peers will only have an impact if you're exceeding the recommended number of FAN-out peers (platform specific), not that it is enforced ... just a recommendation.

Best Regards

Finn Poulsen

Thanks for the information.

The reason I am checking this is because, base on user reports, the optimization from newly deployed WAVE-694-K9 is several times slower than those old WAAS. I see wccp is working and there is no obvious issue.

Do you have any idea why? thanks.

Hi Joe,

It's hard to tell, the platform you mentioned should be able to support 150 peers easily.

Are you running the same version of WAAS software on old and new platforms ?

Is the "slowness" specific to certains applications (HTTP, CIFS etc) or is it a general issue ?

Have the migrated sites been running with inline deployments or router modules before with better results ?

What kind of routers are running wccp towards the WAVEs and how many to each ?

Best regards

Finn Poulsen

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card