cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't type anythings in console mode

may.thu
Level 1
Level 1

i can see all booting process in CLI mode but can't type anything. Pls help me this.

6 Replies 6

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi May,

Can you confirm you are connected to the WAE using the serial interface? If you are looking to the VGA output than what you see is correct. As soon as WAAS boots up it will switch CLI from VGA to serial and therefore you need to be connected directly through the serial.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

hi Lima,

confirm connected with serial port and  i used the connector  (DB 9 to RJ 45) at serial port  to get console port as other devices( router/switch).i used Hyperterminal as this setting: 9600, 8, none, 1, none. i can see the requesting username prompt. pls kindly see the above attached file bootprocess in CLI mode.

Thanks,

May

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi May,

The output of CLI seems to be correct, if this is your first time logging in the WAE device,  then use userid  "admin"  and password " default"  you should be able to log in using this account if this is a brand new box.  Otherwise you can follow the steps below to reset the password:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v441/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105354

If this answered your question, please mark it.

thank you in advance

Rubens

hi Lima,

Thanks you very much for your prompt reply.  My problem is my laptop keyboard or the USB keyboard connected with the device (WAE 7341) is not working in CLI mode when requesting username.  I can type the USB keyboard (connected with device ) in configuraing system information ( Choose F1).

Then the booting process is successful and when the username prompt appear, i can't type username (admin) and can't press (Enter) key in my laptop keyboard  (connected with console serail port of WAE) i confuse whether the system is hanging or not. but i can hear the system working noise.

i hope you can understand my issue. Sorry for my poor english  writing.

ps: my WAE is the used one in another site. (means old one)

Thanks and Regards,

May

ktunugun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi May,

If you connect a Monitor and a keyboard to the WAE, do you see the output on the monitor and can you type from the keyboard?

Try to do the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v441/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105252

Step 3 Reboot the WAE. During the boot process, the boot loader pauses for 30 seconds and you must choose the VGA console if you are using vWAAS. The prompt is shown as follows:

Type "serial" for WAE/WAVE appliance. 

Type "vga" for vWAAS. 

boot: 

At the boot loader just type "serial" and at the installer menu just press option [9] Exit and Reboot. Then check if you are able to enter the username and password from the console connections through youtr laptop.

Regards

Kiran

alfonso.picos
Level 1
Level 1

How did you resolve this? i have the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: