cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE 565 - Problem with webmail

ssneed_ii-vi
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had a problem getting their content engine to cache Yahoo mail, Hotmail, etc.. My CE is fully caching everything, but after authenticating to these webmail sites, clicking on the inbox link results in a blank page. Any ideas anyone? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

jfoerster
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1st check if you do not get redirectd to HTTPS within the page and have no HTTPS proxy configured.

2nd check the logs of the CE if there is anything which is unusual.

3rd have a look who is delivering the white page (have a look at the sourcecode) and what is requested within this page.

4th take a sniffertrace infront and behind the CE and check if connections are dropped.

Btw the caching of Webmail pages isn't very effective as they are using dynamic pages.

I justed tested gmx.de with my LAB CE running ACNS 5.2.3 and it works perfect.

Kind regards,

Joerg

Thanks for your help!

1. The sites in question are Yahoo Mail and Hotmail. I do not believe there is an HTTPS redirection. If so, I will have to enable HTTPS proxy?

2. Nothing unusual in the logs.

3. I get a blank sourcecode page. Totally blank.

4 I have done the sniffer and I see nothing getting dropped.

Is gmx.de similar to Yahoo and Hotmail?

Thanks for the reply!

Hi,

following are my answers to your questions.

1) yes if there is HTTPS you have to enable it.

2) okay

3) hmm is there realy nothing mentioned? because there needs to be a HTTP connect because other wise an error-message would be displayed

4) Could you upload the sniffer trace taken infront and behind the CE so that we can have a look at it?

In terms of your last question I think more or less every webmailer is using more or less the same technique. HTTP or https for send data to the customer. May be there are slight difference in terms of cookies, java, jsp, php, asp but that shouldn't be a problem.

Btw does the webmail page work with your testPC if you access it directly without having the CE in the game?

Kind Regards,

Joerg

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card