Helpful
Replies

ce how to disable authentication from command line

david.lung
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I can select disable authentication from web page

(--> Authentication --> Authentication Scheme --> then select "Disable Authentication" but how can I do it from command line.

Regards

9 Replies 9

seilsz
Level 4
Level 4

Depending on which [configured] method you want to disable, you would use:

no radius-server enable

no tacacs enable

no ldap server enable

no ntlm server enable

~Zach

thanks

HI Zach

I have another question for authentication scheme

If I disable the following external authentication servers, I think CE may not be able to authenticate the administrators to logon CE itself. Would these commands affect the authentication method for the administrators to logon the CE? What I want are 1) No authentication for browsing users to use CE, and 2) User authentication (via RADIUS) is needed for administrators to logon and configure CE.

It seems to me that "Authentication Scheme" is applied for the browsing users to use CE data (e.g. obtain cached web objects). Please clarify

Hi David,

If you are referring to the "Authentication Scheme" nomenclature in the GUI, then that is used for HTTP request authentication. The "Login Authentication" section is used for authenticating admin console/telnet users.

In the CLI, I believe that the 'servername enable' command determines whether or not the configured servers are used for HTTP request authentication. The global 'authentication ...' command controls admin console/telnet authentication.

~Zach

Hi Zach,

Can you show me the detail about 'servername enable' command I cannot find this command in the command line reference.

Sorry ... "servername" is really a variable for the authentication scheme (ldap, radius, ntlm, tacacs).

~Zach

Hi can you clarify is there any command can disable the Authentication Scheme directly in the cmmand line.

The following commands will perform what you request:

no radius-server enable

no tacacs enable

no ldap server enable

no ntlm server enable

Note that typing these commands will not prevent you from enabling tacacs or radius for login authentication.

~Zach

Hi Zach,

You give me many useful information thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: