Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACE " Total Connections Current is not matching with Curr Conns

vineethmohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi   Team ,

I am New to ACE and I have few Question about Cisco ACE Connection

1, Current Conn’s showed by the comment   sh service-policy summary is not matching with the “Total Connections Current” displayed by the comment “sh stats connection” below are the screen-shoot any any guess why this difference

2 , curr conns showed by the comment sh service-policy “XXXXXX” class-map “XYZ” also showing the differences  . I could see the difference between service  class connection and Load balance connection  .Could anyone explain me what is this differences

If  you have any question regrading this please do revert back  . Hope some one will be able to answer this query's

Regards

Vineeth

4 Replies 4

Amir Asfandyarov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Vineeth,

This output does not seem correct to me, indeed.

Are you by chance running A3 code on appliance - there was an old issue with incorrect counters when NAT was used for particular policy.

Could you paste "sh ver" output maybe?

Amir

Hi Amir ,

Thanks for your replay  . Please find the below given sh version output  . I guess My Code is A3

Any  guess regarding the problem that I am facing  .

Hello Vineeth,

1. I've missed you first question:"sh stats connection" output will show both load-balanced and non load-balanced connections ("through" traffic), while your "show service-policy" summary shows only load-balanced connections.

Also, in "show stats connection" (as in "show conn" as well) you will see both parts of load-balanced connections counted - both front-end and back-end while in show service-policy output you will see one single entity.

"show conn | inc "VIP:Port" | count", where VIP and port should be substituted by IP and port of the VIP should more or less match "show service-policy summary" output.

Bottom line - it is expected to see those counters non-equal.

2. For second question - I have suspicion you've hit some old and (note!) cosmetic defect in A3 train which was not seen in A4 and A5. However, if you need further investigation, I would encourage you to open a TAC case.

HTH, Amir

Hi Amir ,

Thanks man  . I agree up on that . Infact today morning I have checked this and compared the realserver and VIP  hits and It shows the sum of both count's matching with the "sh stats conn "

I will open a Ticket with Cisco for the other Query .

Thanks for your wonderfull support 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: