cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco css licensing feature set upgrade?

Akshayrane
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i want to use the GSLB and proximity feature of CISCO CSS and i want to upgrade the feature set from standard to enhanced feature set.

Would some one please tell me what is the procedure for this upgrade.

below are my queries

1. do i need to order an upgrade first from cisco

2. then do i need to email cisco licensing team to receive license for the upgrade

15 Replies 15

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Akshay,

Yes that seems to be the way. You can also contact cisco account team in your area or account team for your account for the same as well. They should be able to assist you.

Regards,

Kanwal

thanks kanwaljeet for a quick reply,

my query is about the part code which i need to purchase from cisco which will have my enhaced feature set included.

Also if i need support for proximity database what is the part code for it. I have searched on cisco site and not able to find it even with CCO login id.

my current show version output is shown below

Version:               sg0820303 (08.20.3.03)

Flash (Locked):        07.20.2.06

Flash (Operational):   08.20.3.03

Type:                  PRIMARY

Licensed Cmd Set(s):   Standard Feature Set

CVDM Version:          cvdm-css-1.0

i was wondering if i could upgrade to S11K-500EN-8.2. But im not sure if cisco has suggested for migration to ACE for this product.

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

You may send an email to the Licensing team then they can provide you with your options at this point but it will be better to start discussing this with your Cisco SE/Account team about the details about the migration process to the ACE4710.

Jorge

hi jorge,

thanks for the reply. i did check with liensing team however they have closed the request saying product code issue and advised me to talk to CISCO presales team.

i just wanna confirm if i can purchase this part code and use the GSLB feature. IF "yes" then good if "no" i would like to know if cisco recommends to migrate to ACE.

Hi Akshayrane,

Do you have the TAC case number to check why Licensing did not give you the licese

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

--------------------- Cesar R ANS Team

yes i do. I could not provide the product code that i purchased to them and hence they could not provide the license for the product code to me. I could not provide the product code because im not sure whether i should buy the product S11K-500EN-8.20 for using GSLB feature.

I wanna confirm this because for product code S11K-500EN-8.10 i have seen CISCO documentation recommending to migrate to ACE. however, i dont see anything by cisco for product code S11K-500EN-8.20.

Cesar Roque
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Akshayrane,

All the information about license is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_tech_note09186a0080094a76.shtml

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

hi cesar,

thanks for the link. I've already checked it before. I wanna confirm before i purchase the product code S11K-500EN-8.20 whether it has been recommended by cisco to migrate to ACE.

I wanna confirm this because for product code S11K-500EN-8.10 i have seen CISCO documentation recommending to migrate to ACE. however, i dont see anything by cisco for product code S11K-500EN-8.20.

This is what concerns me.

Hi,

Do you have the serial number of the CSS?

Please give me the TAC case number you have from Licensing  to check this more

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

hi cesar,

details posted to you as a private message.

Hi Aksharyrane,

Please send me the TAC case number to check why Licensing did not generate the file

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

hi cesar,

i dont think a TAC case was raised. I contacted the licensing team in cisco and they gave me case no. 625085053 which was closed as product code issue and i was asked to contact the cisco presales team.

so i then called the technical support helpline and asked the representative to arrange a call back from cisco presale team to help me validate the product code which i have. Till date i have not received call from cisco presales team. Hence, i have involved my companies pre sales team also to check this out.

My query is simple. I just wanna know if i can purchase product code S11K-500EN-8.20 to use the GSLB feature in CISCO CSS. I have this query because CSS is already EoS. However i did not find any cisco recomended migration document which says the product code S11K-500EN-8.20 is to be mgrated to cisco ACE.

Hi Akshayrane,

I checked the case and the problem is that you need to purchase the Enhancement Feature Set.   Contact your Cisco Account Manager or System Engineer and they can help you to get this license.

---------------------
Cesar R
ANS Team

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card