Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAAS and Citrix

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been working on a Citrix and WAAS 4.2.3 installation recently for a customer. We have been using GRE Negotitiated return to accelerate traffic between a WAN router 2821 running bonded T1s and a remote site running a single T1. After we got the Citrix administrator to turn off encryption and compression we were able to see 40-45% compression on the Citrix sessions. It looked like things were going well but we recently got word that the customer had to disable WAAS entirely and revert back to the original configuration with Citrix handling compression and encryption.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Cisco and WAAS? Is there any other tuning that can be done to improve Citrix performance? I am getting more details from the customer on the exact issues but at the moment, I believe it was slow response time through the Citrix application. Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Couple of things to verify in such cases.

1. Please make sure Citrix settings are not changed / modified un-intentionally. Please leave them unencrypted and uncompressed.

2. Please make sure Citrix-ICA policy is present and is enabled.

3. Please make sure there are no duplex issues at server / client side WAE interfaces, though this will affect all traffic and not only Citrix.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

PS: Please mark this as Answered ,if this answers your question.