Views
Helpful
Replies

Classifier UDP traffic in WAAS

Plinio Brandao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

Maybe my question be simple and fully basic, but I'm confused about what I want to do.

I verified that WAAS don't optimize no-TCP traffic, but I'd like to know if is possible to classifi an UDP traffic. In the capture from both WAAS I can see the traffic passthrough the appliances.

I tried to create a Class-Map and a Policy, but I don't see the "match" in this traffic. Maybe the Class-Map and the Policy are used only for TCP traffic.

Is there any way to classifi the UDP traffic in WAAS.

WAAS version 5.1.1 WAVE-694

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No this is not possible.  WAAS policy engine does not intercept non-TCP traffic.  Hence you can not classify / report on it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

WAAS does not perform any actions on non-TCP traffic.    If you are trying to apply some DSCP marking I'd suggest doing this on the switch or router before / after the WAAS device.

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your rapid feedback.

Just a comment: I want to know is if it's possible to classify (turn it in a known traffic) this traffic. For example, if the application uses the UDP destination port 17000, I create a class to this traffic naming it AppCustom. Then, in the dashboard, this application will be shown as a known traffic (AppCustom 20%).

Is it possible? At this moment, the idea is identify my traffic and not optimize or accelerate this UDP traffic.

Thank you again.

No this is not possible.  WAAS policy engine does not intercept non-TCP traffic.  Hence you can not classify / report on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: