Views
Helpful
Replies

Client accessing a specific server under a vip ACE Module

jackwikinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a need to allow QA/developers to check updated appliactions on a particluar server.

Is there any way on an ACE blade to allow a client to access a particular server under a vip?

The ACE is configured in Routed mode and the version is A2.3.4.

Any help or pdf's would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the application is based on HTTP (web browsing), you have to configure stickyness based on cookie insertion, and then forge a cookie (there is a 1-to-1 relationship between persistence cookies and backend services)

in any other way, the answer is no.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

Create a serverfarm with the server you want to reach.

Then create a class-map matching the source IP address of developpers' stations.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have one more query, that I would appreciate some assistance with.

If I have an exisitng serverfarm with 6 rservers in it, is there any way to direct a specific client to a specific server.

I understand in one respect that if they are all inservice this may not be possible, but I thought I would ask the question anyway.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Jack

If the application is based on HTTP (web browsing), you have to configure stickyness based on cookie insertion, and then forge a cookie (there is a 1-to-1 relationship between persistence cookies and backend services)

in any other way, the answer is no.

Thanks for your help.

You have answerd my question.

Jack

Is there any documentation/tutorial (pdf) for solving this kind of problem?

acoolme

no because it's not a problem.

the goal of a load balancer is to balance the load (LOL) over multiple server according to a configured (sometimes dynamic) algorithm.

Allowing a user to choose the back end server is just a nonsense regarding the feature provided by the device.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card