Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11503 service max connections

dpastor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running a CSS 11503 ver 8.2 and I am wondering if anyone has successfully used the max-connections command on the service?  I am running four services on one of my content rules with SSL terminating on the servers, and the new application is having issues with connections above 300-350, and I am wondering if the max-connections will help out here?  When the max connections are reached with each service, does the CSS send the the additional connections to the other services under the content rule?

Thanks,

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Dave,

You're right pal, When the max-conn is reached the service will be considered as a "down" service; still processing the current traffic but no new connections will be taken, then the CSS will consider among the services that have not reached the max-conn condition and take a load balancing decision based on the LB algorithm.

If all your servers have reached the limit you can configure the CSS to redirect the traffic to a sorry service or also to a new domain while the traffic volume drops down on your primary servers.

HTH

__ __

Pablo

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Pablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Dave,

You're right pal, When the max-conn is reached the service will be considered as a "down" service; still processing the current traffic but no new connections will be taken, then the CSS will consider among the services that have not reached the max-conn condition and take a load balancing decision based on the LB algorithm.

If all your servers have reached the limit you can configure the CSS to redirect the traffic to a sorry service or also to a new domain while the traffic volume drops down on your primary servers.

HTH

__ __

Pablo

Pablo,

Thanks for the response, that definitely helps, I will test the command during a load test.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: