Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11503 SSL files

dpastor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to copy the SSL keys and certs from one CSS to a newly RMA'd CSS and doing this individually can take a lot of time, should I use the disks to get the files copied?  I understand that I can use two disks in the primary CSS and use the "copy 0 1" command, will this get what I need?  I also understand that all of the config, logs, etc. will be copied with this command, is there a way to limit it to only the SSL files?

Thanks,

Dave

1 Reply 1

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As far as i remember the SSL keys and certificates will not get copied. You will have to export them from working CSS and import them on new one. A quick look in guide also doesn't indicate that SSL files would be copied.

Copying Files Between Disks

Use the copy command to copy the startup configuration, logs, scripts, archive, and boot image files from one disk (source) to the second disk (destination) in a CSS. The CSS software automatically creates the software directory and hierarchy on the destination disk. This command is available only in SuperUser mode.

The syntax is:

copy source_disk_slot {log filename {destination filename}|logs|script filename {destination filename}|scripts|archive filename {destination filename}|archives|boot-image filename|startup-config}

The options and variables for the copy command are as follows:

source_disk_slot - Specifies the disk location containing the files you want to copy. Valid entries are 0 (disk in slot 0) and 1 (disk in slot 1). If you want to perform a complete copy of all contents from the source disk to the second disk, enter only the disk_slot value. Do not enter values for the additional copy command variables.

log filename - Copies the specified log file from the source disk to the second disk.

log filename {destination filename} - Copies the specified log file from the source disk to the second disk using a different destination filename.

logs - Copies all log files from the source disk to the second disk.

script filename - Copies the specified script from the source disk to the second disk.

script filename {destination filename} - Copies the specified script from the source disk to the second disk using a different destination filename.

scripts - Copies all scripts from the source disk to the second disk.

archive filename - Copies the specified archive file from the source disk to the second disk.

archive filename {destination filename} - Copies the specified archive file from the source disk to the second disk using a different destination filename.

archives - Copies all archive files from the source disk to the second disk.

boot-image filename - Copies the specified boot image ADI from the source disk to the second disk. If necessary, use the show installed-software command to view the names of the boot-images.

startup-config - Copies the startup-config file from the source disk to the second disk.

Note the following restrictions for the copy command when copying information between two disks in the CSS:

The source file must exist.

An equivalent release of CSS software must be present on the destination disk before you copy information to the disk (such as a startup-config file, a log file, or a script). If necessary, copy the boot image to the second disk before copying a startup-config file, log file, or script.

Regards,

Kanwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: