Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS - cookie stickienss - HTTP-Continuations

jfoerster
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm experiencing some strange behavior having configured cookie stickiness. In the request towards the CSS I see a cookie. The request is not forwarded to the correct server but to another server. Normaly this is working except if we are having some HTTP-Continuations. Is it possible, that the CSS is not listening correctly to this request or is missinterpreting something which leads to a rebalancing of the request instead of sticking to the correct server.

If I do layer3 stickiness and a layer 4 rule everything is working fine but I need to have cookie stickiness.

Any hint or advise is welcome.

Kind Regards,

Joerg

PS

I'm running WEBNS 7.40 2.2

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joerg,

is it happening all the time ?

Or just for some particular users ?

Anything specific ?

Can we get a trace showing the problem [from syn to fin] as well as the complete config.

Thanks,

Gilles.

HI Gilles,

I fouind the reason. It's the spanning packets command I've to use as in default "only" 6 packets are checked for the sticky string. The problem was that the last part of the string was in packet 7 or 8 and therefor it was not parsable.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Joerg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: