Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS multiple websites on same IP address

virtualoffis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible to configure CSS 11500 to load balance individual Websites on the same service IP address.

I have configured websites in IIS with Host Headers and same IP address.

I want to configure CSS so that it can load balance individual websites. Is it possible.

Situation is

Backend Services

Web1   service IP x.x.x.1     hostheader  www.x.com

Web1   service IP x.x.x.1     hostheader  www.y.com

Web2   service IP y.y.y.1     hostheader  www.x.com

Web2   service IP y.y.y.1     hostheader  www.y.com

VIP address    z.z.z.1

is it possible to load balance www.x.com and www.y.com

Thanks heaps.

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you need to set your dns server to response with the same vip address for the 2 domain names.

On the css, you can create 2 content rules with the same virtual ip address and whatever services you want - could be the same or different.

To distinguish between the 2 content rules, you simply add to each one of them a line similar to the following one :

url "//www.domain_name.com/*"

Gilles

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking more on the back end servers.

If we can create services based on domain names  with same IP address and monitor them individually.

The idea is if one website goes down , the other website with a different domain name but with same IP address still gets load balanced.

The services are configured with ip addresses.

You can use the same services with whatever content rule,...whatever the domain name.

So I'm not sure what is the concern.

The CSS does not change the domain name inside the request, and does not link a service to a particular domain name either.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: