cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11500 Error Message "QUEUE FULL-Ipv4SlaveArpTx"

dcayer
Level 1
Level 1

Can you explain what the following entries in my sys.log file mean? These 2 lines are repeated a few times in the log file. (WebNS version 07.30.0.05):

OCT 25 09:23:53 1/1 118420 SYSSOFT-4: Communications-QUEUE FULL-Ipv4SlaveArpTx: Internal Messages Dropped.

OCT 25 09:23:53 1/1 118421 SYSSOFT-6: Communications-QUEUE FULL-Ipv4SlaveArpTx: Internal Messages dropped 28 times since the previous log for a total of 1854 times since bootup.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel Cayer

EDS Canada

4 Replies 4

seilsz
Level 4
Level 4

Can you change the logging level for this subsystem to 'debug':

logging subsystem syssoft level debug-7

This will provide more detailed information about the error. Please post the log results.

~Zach

the result of setting syssoft to debug was over 380 lines logged, almost all saying:

NOV 1 08:48:47 1/1 131148 SYSSOFT-7: Communications-QUEUE FULL-Ipv4SlaveArpTx: Message (IMM:Base Class-BMAN_TID, Identifier-0) from 1/1 (this CSS) failed to reach destination 'Ipv4SlaveArpTx' on 1/1 (this CSS)

The 1/1 interface is my ISC (Sync) port to the standby CSS.

looking closer at the log file, I also see a few service transition messages as follows:

NOV 1 08:49:01 1/1 131150 NETMAN-2: Enterprise:Service Transition:test -> down

There is nothing else in the log file. I have put the logging level back to level-6 (info). I will next proceed to compare the configs of both CSS to ensure I don't have an error in my redundant-index settings (ASR) and I will try to paste the output of the "script play showtech" in the Cisco Output Interpreter to see if it can provide any insight into this problem. I will also consider upgrading WebNS.

Thanks,

Daniel Cayer (EDS Canada)

I can't find any public information on the BMAN_TID base class. Opening a case with TAC is probably going to be your best option.

~Zach

I will. Thanks.

I appreciate your feedback.

Daniel Cayer (EDS Canada)