cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11501 - stuck when trying to download firmware

m.winward
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to FTP a new version of firmware to my 11501 last week. For some reason it got stuck at about the 3MB mark and just keeps sitting there churning like it's still trying to grab it. I've killed the FTP process on my desktop and rebooted the CSS. When the CSS starts back up, it doesn't even go into a boot mode, it just comes back up and starts churning again with:

\) 3,054,312

Is there any way to reset this box so that it'll come up with the normal boot sequence again?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Reply 1

pknoops
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mike,

Were you trying to do an upgrade where pulling the code was part of the CSS procedure ? Do you have the opportunity to go into the Offline DM mode ? You can do this when you first power on the CSS and there is a 5 second countdown where you can hit a key to go in.

Once in the Offline DM, you can try to force the CSS to boot off the old code going through the boot options in the menu

Regards

Pete..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: