cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11503 Keepalive Script Issue

shday
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue today where I sent my config via ftp to my CSS11503 (sg0810401) and on several of my keepalives I have a script configure to test connectivity for the LDAP ports.  At the time that I sent my config to my CSS i had not yet loaded the script into the /script directory.  After I loaded my config I restarted my CSS and everything looked good, then I uploaded my script file (ap-kal-ldap-cto).  I checked my services and all of them said they could not find the script in the directory, but I was able to run the script to the IP of one of my services without any issues.  I verify the script by issueing the show script ap-kal-ldap-cto command and it displayed my script just as it had been written.  Another thing I noticed was that when I tried to remove the keepalive from one of the services I was unable to issue the command "no keepalive type script" as the command syntax of "type" was not available.  I did see the other keepalive command syntax of "frequency, hash, http-rspcode, maxfailure, uri and a few others, but no "type" command.

I change all my keepalives to a ping for now, but does anyone know whats going on with this thing???   I think if I reboot the issue will be resolved, but I really think it should have worked without any issue.

1 Reply 1

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning,

There are two different points to be discussed here.

First of all, why did the CSS complain that the script couldn't be found? The answer is simple, as you said, when the configuration was applied the script was not present on the device. Even if the script is uploaded later, it will not be detected properly. Either a reload or re-applying the keepalive confiugration should fix this.

This brings me to the second point. To remove a keepalive, the command you need to use is "keepalive type none" instead of "no keepalive type script"

Regards

Daniel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card