Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM and CSM

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I know a lot of customers like to implement both at the same time, so that FWSM can give protection to CSM. Can someone point me to the same config that talks about how to configure the 2 together. I remember looking at the config where the FWSM was configured in transparent mode and then the CSM was place behind the FWSM. But, there was a catch to the config which i forget.

so lets say my fwsm is bridging between vlan 10 and 11, will the csm vip be in vlan 11 (high security interface on the fwsm), will this work, where would my real servers reside, has anyone tested this and could share a sample config please.

1 Reply 1

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i worked on a design where FWSM was in Routed Mode and CSM Server VLAN was on the secure network and FWSM had the necessary translations and Access-lists to pass the traffic.

For FWSM in Transparent mode, it would still be the same case where VIP is on the secure side of the network.

thanks

Nadeem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: