Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementation Cisco WAE 512 K9

sabresquad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

We have recieved 2 testing units for from CISCO for demonstration. When we switched on the machines we found that there is no operating system at all. Can any one guide us from where this operating system is downloaded and how its installed. I have checked this link

http://software.cisco.com/download/type.html?mdfid=280484571&i=rm  cannot understand what to download from here to install is as there are lot of things.

Thanks

Sabre

5 Replies 5

sabresquad
Level 1
Level 1

I am still waiting desperately..

Please download rescue-cd ISO image of 4.4.x code, burn it to a CD and boot WAE. Install is simple and menu driven. Hope this will help.

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Syed,

How are you planning to test WAAS with only 2 units? where is the Central Manager?

here is the link to download the image:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=280484571&flowid=122&softwareid=280836712&release=5.0.3c&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Rescue CD file name:

waas-rescue-cdrom-4.4.5d.5-k9.iso

Here are the steps for using the CD Recovery for WAAS:

Step 1 Connect a serial console to the appliance to be upgraded and use this console connection for next steps below.

Step 2 Insert the recovery CD into the CD-ROM drive and reboot the appliance.

After the appliance reboots, you see the following menu:

Installer Main Menu

1. Configure Network

2. Manufacture Flash

3. Install Flash cookie

4. Install Flash image from network

5. Install Flash image from cdrom

6. Install Flash image from disk

7. Wipe out disks and install .bin image

8. Exit (and reboot)

Step 3 To prepare the Flash, choose Option 2.

This option verifies the flash memory and, if invalid, automatically reformats it. If reformatting is required, a new cookie is automatically prepared.

Step 4 To install the Flash cookie, choose Option 3.

This option installs the Flash cookie that you prepared in the previous step.

Step 5 To install the Flash image from the CD-ROM, choose Option 5.

Step 6 To wipe the disks and install the binary image, choose Option 7.

This option prepares the disks by erasing all previous code and data from the disks. The new software is then installed.

I recommend that you to run Option 7 twice, because sometimes the first attempt to erase the disks is incomplete. Running Option 7 twice ensures that all previous code and data has been removed from the disks.

Step 7 Before rebooting the appliance, manually remove the CD-ROM from the drive.

Regards,

Felix

Dear Felix,

when i am booting from cd it is give this message:

This kernal requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i1586 CPU.

Unable to boot - please use a kernal appropriate for your CPU.

thx,

Marwan

hi Marwan,

I never seen that error before on a WAAS unit.. I think that box should be replace but is better to open a TAC case so they ca retrieve the report from it and give more sense to that error.

Did you make sure you download the correct rescue cd image ?  can you try an older version maybe ? I understand these devices are end of support, the release note says nothing about them not being supported on 4.4  but still give it a try with an older version.

apologize for the delay on the reply,  I've been out for a while.

Felix