cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interworking between WCCP and IOS firewall on ISR and ASR routers?

gwhuang5398
Level 2
Level 2

I ran into a problem last year when running WAAS WCCP and IOS firewall IP inspection on the same 3945 router. They couldn't function at the same time. Cisco indicated that router IOS firewall and WCCP were compatible only when IOS zone-based policy configuration was used. Back then I was using IOS 15.1(1)T1 on the 3945 router and WAAS was version 4.2.3.

I now have some sites with 2921, 3945, and ASR1002 routers that need to be both IOS firewall and WCCP for WAAS. Now with newer IOS releases, does the IOS firewall estill have to be zone-based policy configuration? Because classic classic IOS firewall is easier to configure for WAAS, just "ip inspection waas enable" command, I'd prefer the easier configuration.

What about ASR1002 router IOS firewall with WCCP? I have never implemented that before. I was trying to find some deployment examples or configuration guides from Cisco, but was not able to.

Thanks for any help.

Gary

2 Replies 2

serco2650
Level 1
Level 1

We run WCCP and ZBF on our routers and have not had any issues . We did have one issue with v 12.4 .15  but that was resolved by upgrading to a later release.

I'm assuming you placed service group 61 and 62 on the router LAN, WAN inbound directions. Did you apply inspection to LAN to WAN direction or WAN to LAN direction?

Did you also used WCCP and IOS firewall on ASR routers?

Thanks a lot

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card