cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is LDAP keep-alive supported as a way for LDAP server load balance

michael.hu
Level 1
Level 1

What I am looking for is to have the a load balancer to load balance a few LDAP servers. The load balancer should be able to have scheduled LDAP fetch to each LDAP server as a way to make sure that the LDAP server is providing the service. This is in addition to the TCP handshake keep alive. If yes, which particular platform and a link to the tech doc will be appreciated. I have already searched both Cisco web site and this forum.

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CSS as a default ldap keepalive script to check the availability of the LDAP server.

This is pretty basic however and most customer usually rewrite this script to achieve a true query.

The CSM also has a script language that is actually based on TCL. So you could also create an LDAP script to query your server and use this script as a keepalive.

Regards,

Gilles.

I'm using the default script on CSS & the LDAP database guys want further checking also. I thought I could amend it to send a real query, but we thought the info would just be returned cached anyway after the second query so didn't pursue this. Can you advise/elaborate how we could rewrite the keepalive script to achieve a true query?

Thanks.