cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Major Alarm: WAE clock needs to be synchronized with the primary CM to make time-sensitive features like statistics, status monitoring and event scheduling work correctly.

rach_rach_hunt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Although all the edges and CM have the same ntp configuration , I still have this  major alarm on three Edge-WAAS even after synchronization .

Is it possible to learn more about this - what caused it, ect.

Any ideas on how to proceed? (software version 4.1.3.b)

6 Replies 6

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

It may be that there is an issue with the NTP or NTP access or that we need to wait for the alarm to clear..

what is the output of the following on your WAE

show alarm

show clock

show ntp status

what is the output on the CM

show clock

show ntp status

Thank You,

Dan Laden

Cisco PDI Data Center

Want to know more about how PDI can assist you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OAJrkMfN3c

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Excuse my english , i'm not native speaker .

Alarm doesn't disappear  even after 24 h from the synchronization .

These are the outputs of commands entered in the same time on the WAE and the CM :

Output on the WAE :

Edge-BrancheOffice#sh  alarm

Critical Alarms:

----------------

None

Major Alarms:

-------------

Alarm ID             Module/Submodule     Instance

-------------------- -------------------- --------------------

1 cms_clock_alarm      cms                                     

Minor Alarms:

-------------

None

Edge-BrancheOffice#sh clock

Local time: Fri Feb  1 10:42:07 GMT 2013

Edge-BrancheOffice#sh ntp stat

ntp enabled

ntp authentication disabled

server list:

Server           Key

192.168.6.7      -

remote           refid                st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter

==============================================================================

192.168.6.7     192.168.6.6      3 u  112  128  375  245.491  13739.6   5.756

Edge-BrancheOffice#

Output on the CM :

CM-manager#sh clock

Local time: Fri Feb  1 10:30:36 GMT 2013

CM-manager#sh ntp stat

ntp enabled

ntp authentication disabled

server list:

Server           Key

192.168.6.7      -

remote           refid           st t   when   poll   reach     delay      offset        jitter

==============================================================================

192.168.6.7    192.168.6.6      3 u    -       128  377      0.608      713549.     20.935

CM-manager#

Thank you .

Hi,

Can you set the  CM  as ntp server for the  edge WAE?  just test it for some time to see if the issue is with the  edge WAE  handling the answers he gets from  the 192.168.6.7 server.

Also use the command clock update-calendar to synchronize the hardware clock to the software clock and reload the Edge WAE if possible.

cheers,

Hi ,

I set the CM as ntp server for one WAE and set the calandar  update .After reload and waiting some time  the alarm is still present .Moreover this same alarm appears in a fourth WAE.

Hi,

Since the time gap is huge, suggest you to disable NTP server configuration from the WAEs and manually set the clock using "clock set" command on the WAEs as close as possible to the CM (if CM time is correct) and then enable the NTP server configuration.

Regards

I set the clock manually close to the CM time on one WAE and effectively the alarm disappear.

Is it mandatory to re enable the ntp configuration ? I think if i do this  the alarm will rise again .

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: