cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsft Netbios

winsonfu
Level 1
Level 1

In Location A, our users have a mapping drive over the WAN, the mapping will be disconnected in short period when the WAE set up in between LAN switch and WAN router. Another service - content filtering (using 8e6 R3000), it cannot be work in location A after WAE512 installed. It is using Netbios to map the R3000 on client PC, then to define the user profile.

The connectivity is

(Client PC) <-> (LAN Switch) <-> (WAE 512) <-> (WAN Router in Location A) <-> (WAN Router in Location B) <-> (WAE 612) <-> (LAN Switch) <-> (8e6 R3000) <-> (FW) <-> (Internet Router)

WAE OS version is 4.0.13

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Winson,

I would add a Application Policy to bypass traffic to the IP address R3000 and then slowly add optimizations back into that policy. See if that fixes it.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt message.

Just clarified that the application policy settings you suggested,

1) Create Application policy,

Select Acceleration -> Policies -> Definitions

2) New Application Policy

Type: Basic

Application : Other

Application Classifier : R3000 (defined Destination address)

Action : Passthrough

Accelerate: Do Not Set

Please confirm me the above settings that is your expectation.

Thanks,

Winson

Winson,

I always put my policies under the All Device Group to maintain a global standard across all my WAEs (but it should definitely go under where you manage your global policies), so I start by the following.

Devices/Device Groups/All Device Group/Acceleration/Definitions/

There I would follow your step 2). If the R3000 starts working again, then you can incrementally add TFO, then DRE/LZ to see if it works. I might also add a Application to then track the optimizations in the CM GUI if you so desire.

Dan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card