Views
Helpful
Replies

MIME exclusion Compression - ACE4710

pradeepser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have an issue in .css compression on IE6. Hence we excluded .css from compression but still it is being compressed and the page is not getting displayed correctly. In addition I have also applied acceleration policy.

Is there any reason why .css not matched on the exclusion class map & getting compressed? Is optimization policy related to this issue?

I have attached the relevant config.

Regards,

Prdp

5 Replies 5

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you check which policy is getting hit?

Are other MIME types getting excluded that you have included in the class map compression-exclusion-mime-type or it is just an issue with .*css. It may be matching at all.

Can you send me the show service policy detail.

Also, try and increase the max parse length in http pmap and see if that makes a difference. By default parsing happens upto 2048 bytes.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks for your reply.

The strange thing here is I m using the same class map compression-exclusion-mime-type for 20 VIP's. In which for 15 VIP's it is getting the hit and css are not compressed. But for 5 VIP's it didnt get the hit.

I have tried with below max length but still css didnt get the hit.

set header-maxparse-length 65535

set content-maxparse-length 65535

I removed the class map from all the 20 SLB policies, then deleted the entire class map compression-exclusion-mime-type & reconfigured it again. still it didnt get hit but in http analyzer i can see the css are being compressed and as a result the page didnt get displayed properly in IE6.

Regards,

Prdp

Identified the issue and fixed. Due to some reason the css content was from an url which ends with different file type extension. Included that file type in MIME exclusion map and it solved the issue.

Thanks for your replies.

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I noticed you have some other policies which are matching the same traffic then it might be possible that your specific configuration is never matched

Jorge

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

sounds magnific !!!

Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: