Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PKCS12 certificate generation

Hi,

I have certificate in PEM format (.cer) and private key file  in .txt format.

When i use openssl to create PKCS12 file from above files, it gives me error loading private key file. It requires file in .key format instead of .txt format.

Do we have any way to create PKCS12 format certificate or convert private key file from .txt to .cer format.

Quick reply is appreciated..

1 Reply 1

Sanjay Shaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nischay,

By using a text editor, divide the new PEM-encoded file into separate certificate and private key files by performing the following procedure:

• Cut the text beginning with BEGIN CERTIFICATE and ending with END CERTIFICATE, making sure to include the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE statements.
  • Save the certificate text as a new text file with a .crt extension. For example, mynewcert.crt.
  • Cut the text beginning with BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY and ending with END RSA PRIVATE KEY, making sure to include the BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY and END RSA PRIVATE KEY statements.
  • Save the key text as a new text file with a .key extension.

For example:

mynewkey.key

For your reference:

http://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/6000/500/sol6549.html#1

BR// Sanjay

Please rate this if helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: