cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

possible ways on WAE/WAVE software version upgrade

Joe Lau
Level 1
Level 1

Which way(s) would be the best and recommended way to software upgrade the WAE/WAVEs in remote sites?

(1) push the software image to the WAE devices through CM, and reload the WAE through CM

(2) copy the software image to the WAE using CLI and install (copy ftp install [ftp server] / [image.bin]), and reload the WAE in CLI

(3) copy the software image to the WAE in advance (copy ftp disk [ftp server] [remote dir] [remote filename] [local filename]), and install the image file during the maintenance window (install image [image.bin]), and then reload the WAE in CLI

It's always happen, that some sites are remote, far away from the CM in physical distance, and it takes time for pushing the image from CM to the end site device.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Joe,

Option looks easier

Jorge

Sorry Jorge, which option is easier?

Hi Joe,

My preferred method is #3, "copy ftp install". Although what I do is perform this before my maintenance window on all devices using the "show version pending" command to verify the new version is installed and ready. Then during the window perform the reload one device at a time starting of course with the CM.

Jan