Views
Helpful
Replies

PT No Peer - WAAS

nicojk1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am seeing some connections (one or two) in my WAE that appear as passthrough without a clear reason:

WAECore# show tfo connection summary

Local IP:Port        Remote IP:Port      Peer ID      ConnType
a.b.c.d:51332      e.f.g.h:80              N/A            PT In Progress

WAEBranch# show tfo connection summary

a.b.c.d:51332      e.f.g.h:80              N/A            PT No Peer

I have been reading that "PT No Peer" issue appears when the connection does not recognize the other end WAE during the three steps handshake process.

This triggers some questions:

1. Why would this happen only for one (maximum two) connection and not for the rest of the connections I see at the tfo summary?
2. What can I do to troubleshoot these connections?
3. Is there anything I can do to restart those kind of connections from WAE (flush the connection to be filed as per the optimization policies)?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aleksey Pan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

- That can be with any new connections that just came to the box, as it doesn't have the full TCP-handshake yet.

- After that it can say like PT no Peer in your case

PT no peer- means there are no 2 WAE in the path,

In your case, you see that connections has been redirected at your core site.

But on another remote site ( e.f.g.h:80 ), it has not been.. Or you might be don't have a WAE at that site.

If you do, check if you redirect this type of connection, srcIP and dstIP on port 80.

To answer your questions:

1. Why would this happen only for one (maximum two) connection and not for the rest of the connections I see at the tfo summary?

- maybe that IP ( remote and/or local) are not in the ACL for wccp or AppNav redirection.. 

- Or maybe you don't have the WAE at that remote site

- Only way, is to trace this flow, and make sure you have WAE at remote site and you do redirect it
3. Is there anything I can do to restart those kind of connections from WAE (flush the connection to be filed as per the optimization policies)?

- It is not related to the policy-map optimization rules, neither to the Ads that you run on different sites. If it would be, the reason will be different for PT.

Hope this helps!

Regards, 

Alex

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aleksey Pan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

- That can be with any new connections that just came to the box, as it doesn't have the full TCP-handshake yet.

- After that it can say like PT no Peer in your case

PT no peer- means there are no 2 WAE in the path,

In your case, you see that connections has been redirected at your core site.

But on another remote site ( e.f.g.h:80 ), it has not been.. Or you might be don't have a WAE at that site.

If you do, check if you redirect this type of connection, srcIP and dstIP on port 80.

To answer your questions:

- maybe that IP ( remote and/or local) are not in the ACL for wccp or AppNav redirection.. 

- Or maybe you don't have the WAE at that remote site

- Only way, is to trace this flow, and make sure you have WAE at remote site and you do redirect it

- It is not related to the policy-map optimization rules, neither to the Ads that you run on different sites. If it would be, the reason will be different for PT.

Hope this helps!

Regards, 

Alex

Thanks a lot for your explanation, Aleksey!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: