cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing a server from CSS rotation.

jnaglich
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of failover CSS 11503s and I need a technology answer. Is it possible to remove a service from a content rule without dropping the existing connections to the server? I simply want to be able to pull servers out of rotation for some of my VIPs and let the connections to them complete and disconnect on their own before doing some server resets. I know how to do this with an F5, but I'm not sure if the CSS has the same functionality and/or the proper process to do this. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

Jason

1 Reply 1

andrew.thomson
Level 1
Level 1

Try using the change service weight command in the content rule.

Dependent on the version you are running, a weight of zero in the content rule for this service will gracefully close the service to new connections for this content rule. It will also preserve sticky-table entries.

Changing the weight in the service to zero does similar but affects all content rules that the service is added to. I am not sure about the sticky-table entries in this case though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: