cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up authoriative DNS

tmoore
Level 1
Level 1

Working with 2 11503 at 2 different location running APP to perform Global Server Load Balancing. The APP session is up and I have DNS being resolved locally for VIP address of the web server. But how do I get the CSS’s to become authoritative for this host name when external clients on the Internet try to access it? I’m looking through the Advanced Configuration guide on configuring DNS but I don’t see anything about setting this up. Will I have to go out to domain registrar and add the CSS as a domain server? The forwarder appears to be working from the CSS to our BIND server.

1 Reply 1

cschneid
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to delegate authority for the subzone the CSSs will be authoritative for. You will then configure (on the DNS servers) NS and A-records for this zone pointing to the circuit addresses of the CSSs being used. These DNS changes need to be performed on the authoritative DNS servers for the domain. If someone is hosting DNS on your behalf then you need to provide this information and ask for them to make the changes.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card