Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SLB-PROBE: Packets were dropped

At this time, I have packet loss for some farms, browsing services anomalous.

The following error messages filled the device logs:

Show logg:

Mar 14 13:10:00: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe re-activated server XX.XX.XX.XX:80 in serverfarm 'NAMESERVER'

Mar 14 13:10:12: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe re-activated server

XX.XX.XX.XX:443 in serverfarm '

NAMESERVER'

Mar 14 13:10:57: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe failed for server XX.XX.XX.XX:80 in serverfarm 'NAMESERVER' 1y14w: CSM3: SLB-PROBE: Packets were dropped. Reducing the number of health probes and/or increasing the probe interval may prevent this.

Mar 14 13:11:20: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe failed for server XX.XX.XX.XX :443 in serverfarm 'NAMESERVER'

Mar 14 13:16:01: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe failed for server XX.XX.XX.XX:443 in serverfarm 'NAMESERVER'

Mar 14 13:17:01: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe re-activated server XX.XX.XX.XX:443 in serverfarm 'NAMESERVER'

Mar 14 13:21:07: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe failed for server XX.XX.XX.XX:443 in serverfarm 'NAMESERVER' 1y14w: CSM3: SLB-PROBE: Packets were dropped. Reducing the number of health probes and/or increasing the probe interval may prevent this.

Can you help me?

What I need to do, for resolve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This could be a resource issue as well if you are exceeding the configuration limit for 
probes cannot be handled by CSM.

If its one time issue and not impcating the services, then no need to worry. Else you
could raise a TAC case to review the config.

here is a bug that explains this behavior.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCea40924

-
Siva

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Looks like the the CSM is not able to reach the servers. Please check if the server is listening on the tcp port which CSM is probing. Else convert this to an ICMP probe.

-

Siva

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

All tcp probes are functional.

However we are having this error message in the logs.

CSM3: SLB-PROBE: Packets were dropped. Reducing the number of health probes and/or increasing the probe interval may prevent this.

What is the reason of this message?

There is anything we can do?

Thanks for all.

Hi,

This could be a resource issue as well if you are exceeding the configuration limit for 
probes cannot be handled by CSM.

If its one time issue and not impcating the services, then no need to worry. Else you
could raise a TAC case to review the config.

here is a bug that explains this behavior.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCea40924

-
Siva

Ok Sivaksiv,

Thanks for all.

I will open a support case

vindeone222
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I am also getting same issue can you please help me solve 

Dec 4 13:18:39.204 gmt: %CSM_SLB-6-RSERVERSTATE: Module 3 server state changed: SLB-NETMGT: TCP health probe failed for server 172.30.140.75:0 in serverfarm 'CE_MANCHESTER'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: