Views
Helpful
Replies

SNAT on ACE 4700 in bridging mode

hermanaccd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to implement Source-NAT for some traffic, but not all traffic for the ACE 4700. The ACE 4700 will be configured as a bridge.

Can I configure Source-NAT using an extended access-list when the ACE 4700 is used as a bridge? I need Source-NAT for servers that need to access the VIPs on the ACE. All VIPs and real servers are on the same IP subnet. I was going to configure the ACE as a bridge so that IP addresses don't have to change.

Let me know how Source-NAT will work in this bridging scenario. If not, what examples or options do I have?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

traffic that is bridged through ACE can't be src nated.

But traffic terminating on the ACE blade or routed can be source nated.

In your case, since you hit a vip, the traffic "terminates" on ACE and it will be source nated.

Gilles.

Thanks, Gilles!

So, does it mean I can just use a standard access-list to identify traffic for Source-NAT? Meaning, I can just Source-NAT based on source IP addresses instead of using an extended access-list to specify both source address and destination VIP?

a simple ACL should work.

Gilles.

Thanks, Gilles.

One more thing - for the Nat pool, do I associate it with the Client-Side VLAN or the Server-Side VLAN?

As for the Service-Policy for NAT, should I associate it with the Client-Side VLAN or the Server-Side VLAN?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: