Views
Helpful
Replies

SYSSOFT-4: IMM messages on the CSS11800

c.vergara
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CSS11800 and appear the following message:

SYSSOFT-4: IMM message not deliverable, message queue full, ce = 0x21604500, message type = 0x370000, message queue id = 0x868d59e0

I searched and I found the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800df9e3.html#49937

Can anyone explain me more detailedly about this message ?

reagards.

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ARP transmits queue is full. These are ARPs that the CSS needs to perform, either gratuitously ARPing for VIPS or ARPing to find another local station. Where we have usually seen this message being generated is at boot-up or when you assume mastership - this is a result of all the gratuitous ARP'ing we do for the VIPs. When you see this message, the gratuitous ARP (or any other ARP the CSS needs to perform) is lost for good. It will not be resent and the upstream device will never hear about the MAC change (in the redundancy case).

This message could also occur if a local station continuely ARPed out for an entire subnet or for stations that did not exist.

Hope this helps.

Gilles.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Then, could be a local station with a virus (ie, Nachi) ?

regards,

Carlos

could be.

You need a sniffer trace at the time of the problem to really know what's going on.

Gilles.