cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

traffic is not loadbalanced equally on the servers in ACE

kalugotla1
Level 1
Level 1

Experts please let me know ,as we have an application ,where the traffic is not loadbalanced equally on the servers.

production# sh serverfarm epmcubesrr

serverfarm     : epmcubesrr, type: HOST

total rservers : 2

---------------------------------

----------connections-----------

real                  weight state        current    total      failures

---+---------------------+------+------------+----------+----------+---------

rserver: s0adcretepmsql1

10.129.13.236:0       8      OPERATIONAL  690        1868817    0

rserver: s0adcretepmsql2

10.129.13.237:0       8      OPERATIONAL  0          920027     0

we are using round robin algorithm and configured source ip sticky.Please point me the right direction.

3 Replies 3

pablo.nxh
Level 3
Level 3

Hello there,

Can you check if the client conns are being established from a proxy appliance?

From the output you provided it seems all the traffic is coming from a single IP.

HTH

__ __

Pablo

that is  what we are not sure of why all the traffic is going to one rserver.When the client hits the vip ,it need to be loadbalanced using round robin algorithm.But all the traffic is going to only 1 rserver.

Please let me know if there is anything i need to make changes on the serverfarm or policy map

You'll need to confirm with your client if there's a proxy in front of the users or perhaps a device doing NAT so all the requests are presented to ACE VIP as a single user thus sticking to a single real.

You can do a show sticky database and see how many entries ACE stored; most likely you'll only see one.

If proxy is indeed being used then you'll need to check if sticky cookie is a feasible solution in your environment based on the type of traffic being load balanced.

HTH

__ __

Pablo