Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade css software using tftp

mchockalingam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a 11503 running an old code 5.10. Is it possible to upgrade the code using a tftp server? Since the CSS is off the network, I am not able to perform a copy over ftp.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI,

perfect news. please mark this thread as resolved and if you want pls rate the posting.

TIA.

Kind Regards,

Joerg

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mchockalingam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I installed ftp server on my laptop and downloaded the 7.50 code on the ftp root directory. I connected my laptop ethernet to the mgmt. interface of the CSS and I gave 10.10.10.10/24 for mgmt. interface and 10.10.10.11/24 for my laptop. I can ping the CSS from my laptop but I cannot ping my laptop from the CSS. I tried both cross-over as well as a straight throgh cable. It does not work. Any ideas?

Hi,

are you running win XP-SP2? If yes verify that your windows firewall or any other personal firewall is not blocking the request. As you can ping the CSS from your laptop it does not seem to be a cabling issue but verify if the Ethernet-Mgmt interface is up by issueing sh interface.

Kind Regards,

Joerg

Yes. Thank you. WIndows firewall was on by default and I turned it off and it worked like a charm. Once again thank you.

HI,

perfect news. please mark this thread as resolved and if you want pls rate the posting.

TIA.

Kind Regards,

Joerg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: