Helpful
Replies

upgrade waas 4.1

BartV1982
Level 1
Level 1

we have a customer with 2 different versions of cisco waas

one is running 4.1 the other 4.0 both with their own CM

the CM of the 4.0 network should disappear and the sites should be migrated to the CM 4.1

the question is how to do this as for 4.0 you first have to do the devices before upgrading the CM and in 4.1 this is the other way around, first CM then the devices

is it possible that i first upgrade the devices, reboot and then assign them the new CM?

3 Replies 3

nchidamb
Level 1
Level 1

With WAAS 4.1, the upgrade procedure has changed. The procedure described below should be followed:

1. Upgrade the standby Central Managers first (if any)

2. Upgrade the primary Central Manager

3. Upgrade all other WAEs.

In 4.1 upgrading devices configured for optimizatoin (Application Accelerator) to higher version than CM is not supported or recommended. So, pl follow the procedure described above.

Hi nchidamb

thx for your reply

i already found this procedure :)

but the question is :

must i then first add my devices running 4.0 to the CM 4.1 and then upgrade them to 4.1

OR

must i first upgrade the devices and then add them to the CM 4.1

If your WAAS network is already up & running with 4.0 CM (4.0.13 or above) then upgrade the CM to 4.1.x and then upgrade all your WAEs (DC and Branch) to 4.1 from CM itself.

No need to upgrade them separately and then to add them to CM running 4.1.

I hope this answered your question!

Cheers

-Nat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: