cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Server on Wave Device

Dan Loring
Level 1
Level 1

I have started leaning on the virtual blade in the wave device, and have run out of space.  I looked at the virtual server and it was setup with only a 30 gb hard drive.  How do I find out what the actual disk space is on the wave device?  Also if it is under utilized, is there a utility that I can use to expand the disk drive on the virtual server?

3 Replies 3

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, once the disk has been created for the virtual blade, the size cannot be modified, so the best approach for your situation would be adding a second virtual drive to it.

To do it, you would need to do the following:

• Stop the virtual blade
  • Add the new disk with the command "WAE(config-vb)#disk 2 "
  • Start the virtual blade
  • From the OS, partition the new disk.

As for how to check the actual disk usage, you can use the command "show disk details" and then look at mount point "/vbspace"

I hope this helps

Daniel

Thanks Daniel!

Below is our current disk space, it looks like I have enough space on the /vbspace to add a 30gb drive.  Is there any way to use some of the space from the other directories to make the /vbspace larger?

Also what command did you use to get into configuration mode on the virtual-blade to add the disk(WAE(config-vb)#)?  As a side note I did this with the blade running, I can't stop till after hours, but want to get the commands correct. also I am doing this from the CLI on the physical wave, not from the cm.

I tried #config

#Virtual-Blade

Mounted file systems:
MOUNT POINT         TYPE       DEVICE                SIZE           INUSE        FREE        USE%
/sw                        internal         /dev/sda1            991MB        710MB        281MB         71%
/swstore                 internal       /dev/sda2              991MB        638MB        353MB         64%
/state                   internal         /dev/sda3              5951MB      197MB        5754MB         3%
/local/local1           SYSFS      /dev/sda6               11903MB     471MB       11432MB        3%
/vbspace               GUEST      /dev/data1/vbsp       59515MB     24095MB   35420MB       40%
/local1/spool      PRINTSPOOL /dev/data1/spool     991MB        32MB         959MB           3%
/obj1                  CONTENT    /dev/data1/obj          101177MB   29069MB   72108MB       28%
/dre1                 CONTENT    /dev/data1/dre          39677MB     136MB       39541MB        0%
/ackq1                internal   /dev/data1/ackq           1189MB       0MB          1189MB          0%
/plz1                    internal   /dev/data1/plz             2379MB      12MB         2367MB          0%

No RAID devices present.

Disk encryption feature is disabled.

Thanks again,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I'm afraid the partitioning scheme cannot be manually modified. Most of the partitions need to have specific sizes for WAAS to operate properly.

As for your other question, the way to get into the virtual-blade configuration prompt is using the "WAE(config)# virtual-blade "

Regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: