Views
Helpful
Replies

waas card basic setup on router

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi all

can anyone tell me the basic commands to configure the was module on my 2811 router

also, once i am in the web interface, does the WAAS device have a policy by standard that will work ?

Also why do we need a WAAS device in the hq and branch office ? or could we just have the branch office WAAS ?

1 Reply 1

gaursin2
Level 1
Level 1

Answering your q? one by one

--http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v403/module/configuration/guide/wsnmecfg.html

this link will help you with all configuration needed for activating an NM on 2811 for waas optimization.

WAAS do have default policies configured which is sufficient and will do optimization for most of the applications. only if you desire to stop or add customized optimization features for any speific you have to modify these parameters.

lastly-WAAS is a application optimizer which incorporate several mchanism to do so. Importantly this is TFO. means it modify certain aspects of TCP for optmization besides caching. Overall waas acts as an TCP proxy between client and server. Thats why we need WAAS boxes at both end of the flow so that all optimization or TCP modification being done is transparent to end devices (cliend and server).