Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS MAPI Failure in Secret Retrieval

jsfsantos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I am with a doubt about the traffic mapi intercepted by waas. I have a topology inline in both side Data Center and Branch office , but I see HTTPS, HTTPS works fine but MAPI I do not understand if a have a gain in acceleration, optimization or compression. 

I only see this in reports.

MAPI: Acceleration Bypass Reasons

I understand that I am with a problem. My customer did a change in the exchange server that he disable cryptography connection, but I think its not solve.

3 Replies 3

finn.poulsen
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The MAPI encryption is controlled with the outlook client.

On the client computer go to (from a WIN 7 client)

=> Control Panel =>mail (32 bit) => E-mail Accounts => edit (or change) => Advanced => Security

there you can (if you have administrator rights to do so) uncheck the "Encrypt ....".

You can also set it in a GPO.

Best regards

Finn Poulsen

Hi

We had significant issues with eMAPI, due to our domain structure (one domain, but "sub" UPN names)

Our users are "@country.domain.com" in "domain.com" and in previous WAAS versions, this did not work well (blacklisted identities, claiming domain identity was not present, whilst that was not true, as all users are member of one single domain)

WAAS 5.4.1 solved that for us, and we now have a +50% reduction on all mail traffic.

Hi 

In your experience. You solve your issue about domain creating a user to WAAS in each sub-domain or you create only one user in a parent domain?

I would like to know because in my case the mail server is in the parent domain and users are configured to another domain. And my customer do not want permit create a WAAS user in the parent domain with all privillege because the security.

Today I have version 5.3.1 installed and the sub-domain appears in the black list with the follow status.

waascore#show windows-domain encryption-service blacklist identity

Identity                                Blacklist Reason                Domain name
--------                                ----------------                -----------
domain.com                        Failure to retrieve Encryption key data                domain.com