cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS pass-through connections

Nigel Bowden
Level 2
Level 2

I gather that a connection through a WAE can be in pass-through for one of 3 reasons :

- the remote WAE is not detected through the 3 way TCP handshake (conn type 'PT No Peer'

- the connection already exists (conn type 'PT In Progress')

- the connection is set to pass-through as it has hit a policy which puts it in pass-through mode (conn type ??)

In the output of the 'show tfo conn list' command, what is the 'Conn Type' for a connection that is being passed through because of a pass through policy ?

Thanks

Nigel

7 Replies 7

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Nigel,

There are potentially some other pass-through reasons, but the ones you have listed are the primary ones. The Conn Type for a pass-through connection due to ATP configuration is "PT App Cfg".

Regards,

Zach

Hey Zach,

Thanks again for the great info.

If you have the time, I'd be interested to know the other reasons (& codes) for pass-thru.

Nigel.

Nigel,

The potential pass-through reasons are:

PT App Cfg

PT Dst Cfg

PT_Glb Cfg

PT Overload

PT In Progress

PT PE Int Error

PT Dyn Bypass

PT No Peer

PT Rjct Capabilities

PT Rjct Resources

PT Asym Client

PT Asym Server

PT Intermediate

PT FB Int Error

PT AD Int Error

PT App Override

PT Server Blacklist

Regards,

Zach

Zach

I would like to know the meaning of this pass-through types.

I am having PT Rjct Resources pass-through connection and I can't find what it is mean in the documentation.

Thanks a lot!

Celeste

Zach, is there any documentation saying what's the meaning of these PT types?

Thanks!

I've asked that it be published on Cisco.com. Hopefully this will be externally available soon.

Dan

Celeste,

This means that the remote WAE is in an overloaded situation and has responded that it cannot optimize the connection. This may be due to the number of optimized connections or possibly another resource issue on the device.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: