cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Version 5.0 and new hardware

darkfact
Level 1
Level 1

I have some questions regarding upgrading to version 5 in our waas deployment.  We have a few devices on the wae-512 platform (Including the CM) which I notice is no longer supported in version 5.  My plan was to possibly replace the smaller outdated platforms with the wave-294/594, and since we have a 3945 router, I was thinking about running the CM off an SRE module (SRE-700/900) as it may be cheaper and get rid of one appliance. 

However, I'm not clear about the licensing for it?  I know they sell specific transport/enterprise licenses for using WAAS on those SRE modules, but since we already own a full enterprise license for the CM, can I just repurpose the existing CM Enterprise license we own to use for WAAS on the SRE module?  Or is there some specific activation process on the SRE that doesn't allow you to re-purpose a regular enterprise license?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You cannot configure a WAE network module in the NME-WAE or SM-SRE family of devices to operate in WAAS Central Manager mode.

You might want to review the section called Planning Your WAAS network:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v501/configuration/guide/planning.html

cheers,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You cannot configure a WAE network module in the NME-WAE or SM-SRE family of devices to operate in WAAS Central Manager mode.

You might want to review the section called Planning Your WAAS network:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v501/configuration/guide/planning.html

cheers,

Cool.  I went through most of the documentation/release notes, but I guess I missed that part on the NME/SRE module.  Thanks for the response.