Views
Helpful
Replies

What does WAN Utilization setting on WAFS intend for

snakayama
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone,

There are two parameters in "WAN Utilization settings" on WAFS configuration, "Maximum allocated bandwidth" and "Minimum roundtrip delay".

I think those parameters are used to get WAFS throttled traffic over the connection between peer WAFS(WAE).

And configuring those parameters are optional, so I do not have to configure them that means I can use them with default value even if the actual physical bandwidth of physical WAN link is more high than default value (1544KB).

I also guess those parameters might be used to prepare appropriate buffer size by WAFS to control traffic rare from/to the WAFS(WAE) and to avoid congestion at point of WAFS.

I have some questions about it.

Q1: Is my understanding correct ?

Q2: Can I use default value regardless of actual physical WAN link between the WAEs or should I configure appropriate value based on actual environment ?

Q3: What does those vale intend for, if my understanding is wrong ?

Would you please assist me if you have any information.

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jchristn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The bandwidth and latency settings in the connectivity directive should be set correctly. This allows CIFS acceleration to tune itself to the WAN conditions presented, and also ensures preposition jobs don't flood WAN links with excessive amounts of traffic.

Best regards,

Joel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jchristn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The bandwidth and latency settings in the connectivity directive should be set correctly. This allows CIFS acceleration to tune itself to the WAN conditions presented, and also ensures preposition jobs don't flood WAN links with excessive amounts of traffic.

Best regards,

Joel

Hi Joel,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I understand it.

Best regards,

We just installed a point to point T3. Due to TCP limitations we are not utilizing the bandwidth. Everything I've read says I will need to tune the individual workstions/servers or purchase an appliance to overcome this. My question is: is there another type of circuit we should have installed rather than a point-to-point T3 that will perform as well but not have the TCP issues due to the RTT?

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: