Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Welcome to this Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to ask questions about Cisco IM and Presence to Nagajothi Thangapandian and Sathishbabu Muthalagan.

Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert

Ask questions from Monday November 2nd to Friday November 13 , 2015

Cisco IM and Presence delivers enhanced enterprise IM features, group chats, and IM logging, along with a suite of business-to-business and business-to-consumer IM and presence open federations. Customers deploying Cisco Unified Communications Manager can then view the presence status or availability of the people they want to communicate with, exchange instant messages with these individuals, and escalate to a voice and video call or rich collaborative session.

This session will help customers with Troubleshooting Cisco IM & presence install and it’s UC integration related issues.

Nagajothi and Sathishbabu will be helping you with all your queries on all of the above.

Nagajothi Thangapandian is a Customer Support Engineer in Cisco TAC team in Bangalore. She has been working with TAC for past 4 years and has 7 years of industry experience working with enterprise deployment and troubleshooting. Her area of expertise includes Cisco Unified Communications Manager, IM & Presence server, Cisco Jabber, Attendant Console and Prime Collaboration Provisioning. She is graduated with a Bachelor of Electronics and Communication from Anna University. She holds CCNA, CCNP - Voice and RHCE. She is also pursuing CCIE Collaboration and VCP.

Sathishbabu Muthalagan is a Customer Support Engineer in Cisco TAC based out in Bangalore, India. He has been working with TAC for past 2 years and has 5 years of industry experience working with enterprise deployment and troubleshooting. His area of expertise covers Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco IM and Presence, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Attendant Console, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Jabber and Prime Collaboration Provisioning. He is graduated with a Bachelor of Electronics and Communication Engineering from Anna University. He has achieved certifications for CCNA, CCNP - Voice and he is also pursuing CCIE Collaboration and RHC.

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/events.

Because of the volume expected during this event, Nagajothi and Sathishbabu might not be able to answer every question. 

**Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert

2 Comments
Anil Sharma
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Team,

I see the discussion might be over but I have a query if you could assist.

I am working on an intra domain partitioned federation between Lync 2013 EE pool & IMP 2 node cluster (version 9.1)

I am facing some issue: When users are assigned to a subscriber node on IMP cluster Lync can't see the presence of those Jabber user. (Lync server getting request timed out message from IMP).

For tests I moved the same user to Publisher and Lync was able to see the presence.  To add when the Jabber user is assigned to subscriber node and is online (green). The presence viewer on IMP server is showing his status as Unknown.

As the presence viewer is showing wrong status for users assigned to subscriber I am believing its something wrong with subscriber node itself and not the federation configuration. (both IMP server have same Root CA signed certificates, DNS is fine)

My second Query is: In Lync logs they see below message from IMP when they search for a Jabber user, What timer can we change ?

SIP/2.0 423 Interval Too Brief   

"  According to RFC 3261, if a client (Lync) receives “SIP/2.0 423 Interval Too Brief” from server (Cisco CUPS), It should look at the Min-Expires header and retry the SUBSCRIBE request with an internal equal to or greater than the Min-Expires value advertised by Cisco. However, Cisco didn’t provide that information in the response back to the client, then Lync keeps retrying and getting 423 response."

Regards,

Anil Sharma.

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Anil,

To get a better chance to get your question responded, please post it as a discussion on this community.

Best Regards,

Monica

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: