cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

. 30 firmware info

jmoilanen
Level 1
Level 1

Well. I loaded .30 firmware. Reset to factory default was checked. Lost connection to router and can't log in. Dhcp in router is off or something. Can't see anything at 192.168.1.1 as pc don't get any connection info from router. Lights on router seem normal with power light steady. Wan and wifi blinking. Lan 1 light on but forget if blinking or steady. Will power cycle router and try again.

Edit:

When I reconnected to the rouer it didn't have the new firmware. Tried again and it said after reboot, either corrupted or wrong image. I used the wifi one from the link you posted.

3 Replies 3

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Joe,

Let me download the image from here and see if it's a corrupted image. I'll let you know. Btw, the email notification is broke again. I didnt receive any email when you posted this article.

Don

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joe,

Sorry for slow response. Things are still hectic a bit for me.

Anyway, can you try to upgrade again? Try this again:

1. Download the fw image again. Unzip it, i.e. file should have *.img extension.

2. reset router to fac-default.

3. Power cycle unit if necessary.

4. Login. Cancel Setup Wizard.

5. Change pw. Check for every thing is stable. Wait for system to stabilize ... say 10 min.

6. Go to upgrade page. Set to correct image. Check box to fac-reset.

7. "Start fw upgrade"

8. Wait for a while until you see Power led is off and then on again. Wait some more

9. Power-cycle the unit again.

10. Login and check if fw is upgraded.

(I know that the router is still require a lot of patience to upgrade fw. But I can see that w/ fw 1.0.0.30, it seemed to be processed a bit faster).

In router firmware update page it says c:\fakepath\RV180-Firmware-1.img

File is on c:

Don't matter where I put the img, it always had fakepath in it. I don't get it.