cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Additional cell carriers or "other" carrier

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

How are we doing on adding more cell carriers or an "Other" option?  Most of our customesr are NOT on one of the limtied list you give us.  You've left out at least 32 million wireless customers on the next 4 largest carriers (TracFone, Metro PCS, US Cellular, Cricket) not to mention many of us with regional or rural carriers.  I know this was discussed in the training last week, but this should be a very simple change given you're sending an e-mail to the SMS account (BTW, you can't e-mail my Verizon phone (I carry 2 phones) using its 10_digit_#@vtext.com because I have it set to require a different address - which is an option availble to every Verizon customer that prevents spam text messages to random cell phone numbers - so an "Other" option is the best thing to solve this for me and tens of millions of other wireless phones.

1 Reply 1

I have this as a must for the next drop. The one quirk that does not make it straightforward is the addition of an "opt out" feature from the recipient itself. We need to make sure that whatever we do, can be implemented across the board, if possible of course. You should see it show up pretty soon.

Marcos