cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any current status?

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

We've been kind of in a holding pattern for many months over the v3 units and to what dual WAN device to send customers to when they need one. The SA520 and 540's honestly just don’t cut it when it comes to load balancing 2 connections of vastly different speeds (say 30Mb/sec cable and 3Mb/sec DSL) as they only do round robin connectivity. We find the RV082 v2 only provides about 18Mb/sec on the WAN side if you use any VPN at all but the v3 units can handle our 30Mb/sec cable with no problem, but as there haven’t been any updates here in months I’m concerned that the v3 units are never going to make it to market. Are there any updates you guys at Cisco can share with us?

Thanks...

Brian

7 Replies 7

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Thanks to your suggestion, the configuration migration utility was posted recently on cisco.com.

Firmware 4.0.2.8-tm, which supports IPv6, is about to be posted.

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Brian,

Long time no... talk! As Tekai mentioned, the RV0xx v3 is already out in the market. We will officially post a latest fw version 4.0.2.8-tm soon.

Best regards,

Don

Thanks.  Do they have new SKUs?  I had a customer get a RV042 the other day without asking first and it was definitly the v2 unit as it had the old web GUI.  I had him return it since he has a lot more bandwidth than it can handle.

Yes. In the back of router, there is sticker which displayed something like this:

SN="NKSxxxxx..." ;         e.g. NKS10131646

PID VID = "RV0xx V03" ;  e.g. RV042 V03

If I'm not mistaken, I think on the v2 version it may still has "Linksys" logo. On V3, it should be only "CISCO"

But that won't help in ordering on-line until all the v2's filter out of inventory unless there's actually a new part number to specify when looking for it.  I wonder if the bar code changed?  Any chance you could find out that?  Amazon allows you to searh by UPC code.

Brian,

You're not going to like this. But I just checked and was informed that we're using *same* UPC as v2.

Sorry but this is just beyond my control.

Rgs.

No problem.  I'll just make sure any customer who buys one makes sure there's a good return policy.