Helpful
Replies

Definitely see potential, keep developing

adel.g.youssef
Level 1
Level 1

Definitely see potential,  keep developing

don’t know if scan is working or hung

Would be nice if operator can enter Contract number manually and list covered devices.

Menu not visible, see image

Need to have Device Name included in EOL report

image-1.bmp                  

8 Replies 8

aqkazi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Adel,

For this issue above with the menu not displaying, what browser and OS was this?

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Hi Adel,

In addition to Aqib's question above - when do you see Scanner being hung?

If you could let me know what browser and OS you are seeing this on, and how you are overcoming this scenario, that woudl be much appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Also, the unvisible menu options will be fixed in our next upgrade round, which shoudl go out in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your comments! We'd love to hear more!

Thanks,

Efrat

Using IE7 windows XP

Hung in taskmanager, when scanning 254 subnet with about 80 switches connected

Hi,

Regarding the Browser hang issue, Is the progress bar not getting updated while scanning the devices ? Are you not able to see any single device added in the bottom table while scanning ?

Please send us the scanner log(OnPlusScanner.log) file which will created under user home directory of your client machine.

Thanks,

Sasi

some devices added, then hung for a long time, taskmanager reports notresponding

Please pardon my chiming in here, but IE7 is essentially unsupported, even Facebook has all-but dropped IE7.  IMHO Cisco should focus support on IE8 on XP (until XP phases out in April 2014), IE9 on Vista/7, IE10 on Win8, and Chrome, Firefox,and Safari, but outdated browsers which have a simple upgrade path shouldn't be a priority.  There are many other things could use dev time on OnPlus.  Just my 2¢...

Hi,

From the log you have uploaded 15 devices once and 2 devices two times. Last scanning started for two devices and both the devices were reported as not reachable. So during the browser hung period scanner did not perform any activity.

To understand more on this issue, can you tell us whether you have performed multiple scanning from the same browser instance or you have closed and re-opened browser for each scanning?

Since I could see many devices were reported not reachable, can tell us through which protocol the devices are reachable  ? Telnet or HTTPS or HTTP or SSH ?

Thanks,

Same browser instance

Telnet