cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E-mail setup

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

When setting up e-mail and something fails, it'd be very helpful to get the verbose session transcript to see what's happening.  Thus far I'm unable to get FindIT to send via Office 365 despite copying/pasting credentials and server info.

10 Replies 10

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

BTW, the same exact credentials work fine to send e-mail from an IMAP/SMTP account setup in Outlook 2016.  

Also, I see where you're giving the reply information I was looking for previously, I didn't wait long enough for the second bar to show.  I recommend removing the first "Failed to send to..." bar and just said "Failed: REASON HERE" in a single bar.

It's also interesting that another Cisco beta device I'm testing also fails to send via Office 365's smtp servers.  That said, RV325 and ISA570W devices can connect and send using smtp.office365.com without issue.  The biggest difference I see is in FindIT and the other device we have options of the type of authentication where the RV325 and ISA570W do not.  However, those devices are authenticating is how FindIT needs to be able authenticate.

Ok, thanks for this.  I'll get engineering to take a look at it.  Is the other beta device you mentioned that has the problem also a Small Business router by any chance?

Cheers,
Dave.

Yes, wasn't sure if I could mention what it was or its model # here.

Shhh....Secret Squirrel

This is a closed forum... I want to know what I am missing out on darnit! no secret squirrels please LOL

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

One of those things that as someone who deals with HIPAA privacy contracts for multiple medical clients I have always taken NDAs very seriously.  I'm sure David will share if he can.

2 error messages problem will be fixed soon, I opened a defect to track it.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

Office 365 e-mails are now flowing!

Glad to hear it.

Cheers,
Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: