cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Home layout and animation

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

I still think you're using entirely too much animation and "fluff" in the Home section.  There is no purpose to the scrolling from right to left of the contact card, Google Map, and icon, it only wastes time and bandwidth.  Please consider an option to totally disable all animations as they really serve no functional purpose.  Honestly, I think that even when demo'ing this to customers they are often smart enough to know when fluff has been added for no functional purpose.  Most of our customers want to see raw functionality and couldn't care less about how pretty things are.  In this economy I'm betting the majority of small biz owners would feel that way.

Second, I really dislike having to hunt around for Notifications, Contacts, etc...  Putting them at the bottom so you have to go there, click on it, wait for the animation (again a waste of time) to populate the left nav bar just to be able to work on Notifications is a waste of time and also inconsistent with Cisco's recent Small Biz product UI.  Look at the ESW.  While its navigation from section to section is unacceptably slow for a switch of this cost, the left navigation bar is full populated at logon so if you need to move from Statistics to Security all one must do is click on the triangle next to the other menu item and it expands (instantly, no animation mind you).

1 Reply 1

Michael Whitley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

You have some very valid points about the user interface. Thank you for voicing it.

Animations are very much a matter of preference and as such it makes sense to provide the user a way to set this preference.  I have noted this and am investigating adding this to the interface.

Thanks again!

Michael