cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Latest firmware issue

grdollarcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Since upgrading, there are instances when my SRP becomes almost too hot to touch, internet access drops, and the CPU status shows 100%. A reboot of the device fixes the problem temporarily. I have the same config as sent previously. Sorry for all the problems 

2 Replies 2

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

We have been tracking an issue with the SRP527 temperature on the top of the case being hot but nothing that has caused the box to lockup as you see - any chance you can measure this temperature?

What is the room temperature when this occurs? Is there a lot of equipment stacked on or next to the SRP? Did this happen only after upgrade to the latest firmware Andy posted - if so what was the earlier firmware on this?

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Had a chat with our engineering team and they think the high CPU and hot temperature maybe unrelated as the CPU is not like the ones used in the PC that has a variable clock. Can we get some more information for:

1. Can you send a picture of how the SRP 500 is deployed in your home? Want to check if there is anything blocking the vents or stacked on top?

2. Can you send the config file from http://x.x.x.x/admin/config.xml?

3. When the CPU went high - was there any particular traffic going through the box? Is this reproducible?
4. What is the room temperature in the area the SRP is in

We can even have a quick call if you like - private message me your phone number and times that work for you.