cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Login times for device

senriquez151
Level 1
Level 1

The login times for the switch were longer than expected.  It was about 45 seconds to a minute and I thought that it had locked up on me.  Perhaps some type of indicator bar so that I know something is processing may help.

3 Replies 3

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Scott,

Thank you for checking out the switch.

When login, you should see the progress window pop-up showing "Processing Data" w/ percentage of loading data and it should be (fairly) quickly displaying initial page ("getting started"). I'm not sure if you have a latest fw in your unit. Please check forum's document tab to download and upgrade fw if necessary. Try to login again and let us know if you still encounter same problem.

-ddiep

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i found the progress bar in the user interface  an excellent indicator.

loggin in into the older NSS3000 for the first time or the older switches was really

strange as it could take a

while with no indication, you thought the browser was stuck.

sg300 so far great

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

Agreed, far too long.  Yes, there's a status indicator, but I can log into a Dell PowerConnect 48 port 2848 GbE switch in 1/3 the time it takes to load the GUI on the 300.  IMHO, less fluff, more functionality.  This new GUI of Cisco's a horrible design (try to use VNC or Remote Desktop to manage this over a slowish link (say 3Mb/sec DSL) and you'll be really unhappy with performance.  I would prefer Cisco offer a non-fluffy GUI option, remove all the colours, graphics, etc.. and give us a simple GUI that gets the job done.  The rest serves absolutely no purpose.