cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PLG1000 wont activate

brreitme
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a PLG1000 at the Richardson Site's demo expo and am unable to get it to activate. The status lights are Red and Blue and it doesnt even appear to get an IP from my dhcp server. I couldn't find anything about those error lights on

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/other_net_mgmt/onplus/portal/user_guide/onplus_portal_user_guide_v1_0.pdf

Do I just need to do the RESTORE.TXT on a usb trick to factory reset it?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since the PLG1000 is a prototype, we don't handle it in the usual way. If you send me an email with your shipping and contact details, I can get a replacement sent out. Please include information on how many devices you are currently using as well.

My direct email is jamwyatt@cisco.com

Thanks,

Robert

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bradley,

Try the USB procedure. Boot the PLG with the USB stick plugged in and make sure that the PLG is also connected to LAN. Then walk away for 30 minutes so that it can try to pull down a new factory image. If after this the Red light is still on, ping me in email or IM (mikhollo) and I'll get you a replacement unit.

-mike

I have one that doing the same thing. It just has the green and blue lights on solid and nothing.

What is the RESTORE.TXT trick?

testing updateforummesage

Thanks for the reply.

What is the procedure for us to send this back and get a new one?

Since the PLG1000 is a prototype, we don't handle it in the usual way. If you send me an email with your shipping and contact details, I can get a replacement sent out. Please include information on how many devices you are currently using as well.

My direct email is jamwyatt@cisco.com

Thanks,

Robert

Great we have two of these are broken. I just sent you an email.

jamwyatt wrote:

What about the LEDs at the network port? If they are not solid, then you can try this:

1. Turn the power off to the PLG1000
  2. Format a USB flash drive for MS-DOS/Windows (i.e. FAT32 it is usually the default)
  3. Create an empty file on the flash drive with the name ‘RESTORE.TXT’
  4. Insert the flash drive into the PLG1000
  5. Power on the PLG1000
  6. Wait for about 2-3 minutes and check the status LEDs. The lower LED (Blue or Green) should be blinking fast for 2 seconds, then off for 2 seconds, repeating this pattern continuously. You don’t have to time the flashes as the repeating flashing followed by an off period in a repetitive cycle is unique to this process.
  7. Turn off the power to the PLG1000
  8. Remove the USB flash drive
  9. Turn the power on to the PLG1000

If this doesn't work, we'll likely need to get you another device.

Robert

Be aware that in step 6, if the LEDs are cycling as above, this means the firmware download is happening. This process can take 15-20 minutes depending on WAN speed. If, 20 minutes later or so, the LEDs have changed sequence, only then is it time to move on to step 7.

Yea the LEDs on mines weren't flashing. I waited around 10 minutes.